Glengarry Book Award preview
This is a copy of the form used to apply for the Glengarry Book Award.
• Only the author of the submitted book may apply.
• Authors must describe their connection to Saskatchewan (e.g., whether born in the province, currently living there, or developed a career while residing there) and be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and must reside in Canada.
• Only books published between January 2020 and June 30, 2021, are eligible for the inaugural Glengarry Book Award.
• Only one submission per applicant will be accepted. The award will be given to a single author.
• The Award is limited to FICTION novels or books of short story collections.
• The first edition must be in the English language and be a minimum of 200 interior pages in length.
• The title must have an ISBN, which must be recorded on the application form.
• E-books are eligible for consideration, using the following criteria:
• 7 hard copies of the book are to be provided on 8.5″ x 11″
• the e-book must not have been previously published in printed format prior to January 1, 2020.
• links to the downloadable e-book must be provided.
|• Posthumous submissions are not eligible.|
• Canadian authors who do not reside in Canada are ineligible.
• Previously published works are not eligible.
• Revisions, even with substantial new content, and reprinted titles are not eligible.
• Self-published books are not eligible.
• Graphic novels, Comic books, and books for young adults are not eligible.
|BIOGRAPHY (maximum of 250 words)|
|CONNECTION TO SASKATCHEWAN (maximum of 200 words)|
|If you are not a resident of Saskatchewan, please describe your connection to the Province|
|SYNOPSIS OF THE NOVEL OR BOOK OF SHORT FICTION (maximum of 250 words)|
|Please summarize your submission in 250 words or less in the space below. This will serve as an identifier on adjudication materials and reports.|
|ISBN||Author Picture||Book Cover||Additional Material (pdf)|
|Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)|
|E-books are eligible for consideration (link to downloadable e-book must be provided)|
|I, the undersigned, agree and certify that:|
• I have read, understand and meet the eligibility criteria for this award.
• I am the sole author of the book submitted with this application and had complete independent creative control over it.
• I am a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and meet the Saskatchewan-based eligibility requirement(s).
• The Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts will rely on third-party review and assessment of this application as part of its due diligence and adjudication.
If chosen as the recipient of the inaugural Glengarry Book Award:
• I will receive a cheque from the Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts in the amount of $20,000 (CAD).
• I will submit a letter to the Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts acknowledging the Award and the Endowment Fund's donor, Claire Kramer, by January 31, 2022.
• For a period of two (2) years following the awarding of the prize, I will acknowledge the Glengarry Book Award and the Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts at book readings, appearances and public events related to the book.
• The Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts may publicly promote my work and personal details I've provided in this application (e.g., name, biography, synopsis, etc.) on the SFFA's website, its social media accounts, and other documentation as it sees fit.
• I recognize that the Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts is required to report on the funding it disburses.
• All novels or books of short fiction and materials submitted become the property of the SFFA.
I authorize the Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts to contact me at any time via email or phone about any matter related to this application and/or any conditions associated with this application.
I accept the conditions of the Glengarry Book Award and agree to direct all questions concerning the assessment and/or results of this application to the Saskatchewan Foundation For the Arts.
I declare that the statements and information in this form are accurate and complete.
I accept the terms and conditions listed above and would like to apply for the Glengarry Book Award.